Blow Molded cases

What, if anything, are they good for after the tool has a home in the gar...shop? NOT EVER gonna move again. And that's only reason I can think of.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Probably nothing - to you. Personally, I use them to carry the tools from jobsite to jobsite. (That's Mum's, Sons', and other ones)

If you cut out the inner lining (leaving just the outer case), then you can re-use the case for other tools - expanding foam is good to make a new lining - if you can stop it sticking to the tools as it sets!

Reply to
bigegg

eBay? I often see them posted, but don't know if they sell. Just be nice and clearly label it CASE ONLY. I heard of a guy who sold some video game console "new box" (almost "new in box"...) for a few hundred bucks, and it turns out it was just the box. Don't be that guy. No, to get back to your question, I have several plastic tool cases of varying quality sitting around empty, and I haven't come up with any good use for them. So far, I'd say anything that's really blow-molded (read: anything from Harbor Freight) is worst, and my Dewalt drill case is the best plastic one I have. But then, if I'm not using them for anything, who cares how nice the case is? Oh, well, Andy

Reply to
Andy

I've sold a few, and frankly can't understand why someone would pay ten bucks plus shipping for a box that, at least to me, is pretty much worthless. To each his own.

RicodJour

Jack Jacksonville, Florida

Reply to
John Flatley

Certain tools I store in the case, like my jigsaw, PC lock jig, Dremel tool, electric plane, belt sander, etc... Other tools don't like in the case, but have the cases set aside for roadwork, like my biscuit joiner, cordless circular saw, and so on...

However, my cordless drills, small sanders, and routers NEVER see the cases, as they travel in tool bags with sundries.

Different folks will use or not use different cases.

Put the ones you don't want at your local "swap shack" at the dump.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Contractors who buy tools at pawn shops?

Reply to
B A R R Y