Blade Help

Hi! Trying to cut some Oak Plywood and no matter which blade I use on my Milwaukee Large Circular Saw I am buring wood big time. I have tried a new 140 tooth and two reltively new 24 tooth blades.

What am I doing wrong that is causing me to burn so much wood that I cannot continue cutting due to the smoke. Is there a better blade for this type of wood?

Please help. I am in the middle of a project.

Thanks

Reply to
Rudy

By chance you don't have the blade in backwards do you?

Nova

Is your fence lined up parallel to your blade?

Reply to
John Smith

Ok, I am really going to show my ignornance now. I do not know what a fence is, but I have the blade angled at 45 degrees.

I am not sure if the blade is backwards or not but will take the time to check. For the sake of my ego I hope that is not the reason. However, for the sake of the project I hope it is. LOL

Reply to
Rudy

Well I did an experment and you guessed it. The blade was in fact on backwards. Why do they put the label on the side that you cannot even see. I am such a moron! It is amazing I have not cut any of my fingers off yet!?! LOL

Reply to
Rudy