Biscuit cutters

No disagreement from me there Bob. I suggested a slot cutter as he will only use it "a few times a year".

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

I got a cheap one and regret it every time I use the thing. Probably would not get the "Cadillac" Lamelo, but Porter Cable makes a good one at a reasonable price. Consider accuracy, ease of use, settings, adjustments, length of cord, construction quality, dust collection, etc. Avoid "Made in China."

Reply to
Phisherman

I've been using the same 'ol freud for about 10 years. No complaints. I use it a couple of times a year. The only thing I wish it had was dust collection like the dewalt and pc. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

If you get a good biscuit cutter, you'll likely use it more than a couple times year.

You'll use it a lot.

If you buy a low quality unit, it will only collect dust.

I have the porter cable, and I'm using it a LOT more than I thought I would.

Reply to
bf

===================== I purchased a PC 1 or 2 years ago and I have only used it once...

I do make a lot of desks and tables etc....and figured it would come in handy...

BUT in fact the only time I really used it was for face frames...

Maybe in another year or two I may "work" it into "my way" of construction....

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

If you use solid tops, they're sometimes handy for aligning if you don't have glue joint shaper or router cutter... Otherwise in that type of work I doubt if I'd use it for anything, either...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I use mine for attaching wood edging to plywood (lines it up really good, although I use thick pieces of edging).

And then for edge glue ups of solid wood, of course.

I've occasionally used a couple to "line up" gluing a face frame to a plywood carcass.

Reply to
bf