Big shop table saw

If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

Gramps' shop

I've got the room in my shop, but I might need to remove a few items, such as everything else.

Then the walls would have to go in order to have room to feed stock into (and out of) the saw.

As long as it never rains or gets cold, I'll be fine. I think I'll put in a bid.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's a 5hp 3-phase motor, so you'll need the juice, as well.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my "open floor plan" shop.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'll run the extension cords straight up the trunks of a few trees to slow the power. I'll circle them around the branches on the way down to slow the descent. It might catch up a little, but I think I'll be OK.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Only 5 hp? Kind of anemic for a SCMI European sliding tablesaw. That is t he entry level for horsepower. And only 5 foot slider. Short. Not sure i t would be worth getting a slider if it did not have an 8 foot slider. But the saw does come with a little Chinese dust collector!

Reply to
russellseaton1

If your neighbors are in CA, MS, and NY. The extension cords are going to set you back some, though.

Reply to
krw

from a plant closing

Berg Furniture closes its Furniture manufacturing plant in Barrington, NJ.

has a 1 inch arbor and 12 inch blade

i would guess the blade is expensive and no idea if they are hard to come by

Reply to
Electric Comet

Buyers premium is upto 15%.. I thought 10 was high. 15... Fthem.

Reply to
woodchucker