Best Wood Veneer Supplier?

Ok guys, where do you get your exotic and figured wood veneers? Best place for price, quality, etc.

I typically need 6-8 inch by 48 inches, to go around a cylinder. (I make drums if you haven't figured it out.)

Thanks!

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm really happy with these guys:

don't know if this will work for you, but the US dollar is strong right now. Also the guys at A&M do a lot business with musical instrument makers.

Reply to
Robatoy

Take a look at "Certainly Wood". It's a place about 20 miles outside Buffalo.

Nova

eBay

would make a nice drum:

RicodJour

Yes, I see they carry a lot of inlay material. Thanks.

Reply to
-MIKE-

NICE!

Reply to
-MIKE-

They have some great looking stuff. The minimum length I would use is about 38" for a 12" snare. I don't like seems. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've purchased veneer from B&B rare woods. They have pictures of each bundle of veneer so you can browse on-line

recall talking with a guy named Dave. Extremely friendly and spent a lot of time on the phone providing info. It was my first veneer project so I had a lot of questions. Since I was a rookie, he threw in some "practice" veneers. I've since ordered several times from them.

You should also search thru the forum at Vacupress. The topic of veneering cylinders (and veneering just about everything else) has come up there and you might get some tips..

MB

Thanks for the links.

I think I ran across that vacupress forum (but lost the link), when I was looking to veneer Bubinga to the 'inside' of a

20" diameter drum hoop. So, thanks again.

BTW, I ended up using a bicycle tire inner tube!

Reply to
-MIKE-

Check out

Last time I was in the place, they were putting a shipment together of drum mfg supplies for a guy in New Zealand.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks, Lew. I know Anderson. I can get shells from the same place they get their shells, if I'm using ply shells.

But I'd rather make them. Stave. What I'd like to try is steam bending, but I just don't have the room.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've bought and been happy with veneersupplies.com.

Renata

Reply to
Renata