Best tool for making picture frames?

Fred Bingham to the rescue, it's in his book and it works for me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

nospambob

I just made a two frames with my RAS. It took me 20 minutes to tweek the angle, but they came out fine.

Reply to
Toller

I use my Osborne EB3 miter guide to make mine. They're always dead on.

Reply to
Will

On my website at

are drawings for making a shooting board. This includes a mitre attachement.

Best of luck!

Hum ............................. !

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

My website has been down due to a DOS attack so I hesitated to reply 'til the bastids stopped.

Consider making a miter sled for your table saw like the one on the Jig and Fixtures page of my website.

plus is the _exact_ "45 degree" angle basically becomes a moot point (particularly with the usual widths of picture frame miters) because the order of cut insures complementary angles, and the jig allows you to use a stop block to insure the sides are all cut the same length.

These two concepts combined make miters that fit perfectly a much easier task, with much less tweaking.

Reply to
Swingman

Should that ff be if ?

Reply to