Benches and handedness

I'm in the process of building my own bench, a left-handed version of a scandenavian style dog-leg bench with the dog leg on the right side and the tail vise on the left. (pics upcoming).

Anyway, the Christmas edition of the Lie-Nielsen Toolworks catalog showed up today (drool, drool) and when I opened it, lo and behold, a LN left-handed workbench on the inside cover. Being left-handed and very sensitized to the handedness of everyday items, I thought it was interesting that they made, much less showed in a mass mailing, a left handed workbench (and the negative wasn't reversed, because their logo is legible on the front of the bench).

I'm not going to scrap my project in process, because I'm sure that the overall cost of building it will still be less than the LN bench (which wasn't priced in the catalog), but I thought it was interesting.

rambling on a tuesday afternoon......

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

I look forward to the pics - I too am a leftie.

I haven't gotten mine yet.

Maybe you can lift some ideas from the photo.

Rambling's good on Sundays too.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique