barn boring machine

anyone have one of these for sale?

Doug

Reply to
Carolyn & Doug

If you're talking about a "Post Drill", there's one on eBay right now:

Ed Clarke

I'm assuming you mean an old manual drill for drilling beams when timber framing. A large frame with two handles to turn the drill, and a geared feed to push it down.

As it happens, yes I have one for sale. However I'm in the UK, so I doubt it's worth shipping that far 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:53:48 -0500, "Carolyn & Doug" spake the words:

No, but I have 4 auger bits for them. They're 2" as I recall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

We have a few of these, they do a a heck of a job quickly. Only problem is, they are very difficult to control, and even more so to turn off. :) --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:54:40 GMT, "Dave Jackson" calmly ranted:

last year and I thought I'd go nuts. He somehow thought of my metal spark arrestor over the fireplace as a potential bug motel and was pecking on that for several minutes at a time. It took a couple weeks before I found where the noise was coming from and whow or what was doing it. I tossed little Doug Fir pineycones at the little SOB twice in a row and he stopped his pecking on my house's sheetmetal parts. He stayed happy in the Birch tree after that, so we got along alright.

------------------------------------------- Stain and Poly are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have 15-20 of these, Millers Falls, Double Eagle, Boss, Snell, etc.

My Old Tools

Not a bug motel - he thought it made a lot of noise so's to be good for establishing his territory. Lots better than the hollow trees his kind had to deal with until we humans put up such fine drums. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

My father in law has one and will sell it, he has no concept of the value. Lives in Boise, ID.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I personally prefer fun machines.

Ignoramus18778

Yes, I have 2. I'm in LI, NY. Where are you?

Reply to
klaatu

Ha! I can bore deeper.

Reply to