Backsaw fence

I know that in the past I've seen backsaws with an adjustable fence that slid up and down via two slots in the blade. Very handy for both dovetails and tenons. A google search finds nothing except one or two references to antiques.

Does anyone still make one?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Veritas has these:

exactly what you're looking for though.

Also came across this, which appears to be a bit closer to what you want:

Len

Japan Woodworker has one.

the URL doesn't work, search for "depth stop" on the site.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Reply to
Artemus

That's pretty close - thanks.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Was wondering if any of them have a digital readout. :D

Woodn't a woulden clothes pin work? A double thickness of electrical tape might serve as a tactile landmark.

Reply to
MikeWhy

>>> That's pretty close - thanks.

There's also this one:

- the diagonal slots allow for finer variations.

Dave O'Heare soon to be dave.oheareATgmail.com

Reply to
D O'Heare