Aztec wood drum

I was just checking the woodworking channel, when i happened to see a glimpse of an Aztec wood drum, but i missed most of the program. Would any of you know what sort of wood to use for it, and dimensions. Or perhaps a website with plans for it.

Anders

Reply to
Iznogood

The show should come back around again.

Reply to
Brent Beal

Woodworking channel? What woodworking channel?

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

I think you're talking about what in my experience is usually called a "tongue drum". Something like this?

so, then googling on "tongue drum plans" with or without the quotes should get you a lot of choices.

Reply to
else24

See ABPW

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Fine Woodworking ran a plan years ago, and it's reprinted in one of their reprint books. Searching this newsgroup (try "tongue drum" too) will find an old post of mine, probably some others too, that describes which issue it was and gives enough construction details to make one.

They make great gifts. They're easy to make, they look good at first, and you don't have to listed to the damned thing afterwards!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Does anyone have any good info on how to produce specific notes (or at least a relative tuning)?

Ken Muldrew

Try

seem to remember an article mentioning sanding or carving away the back of each finger to adjust the sound also. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman