Attn: BRuce -- Wet Wood Bandsaw Blade

Attn: BRuce,

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 12:36 PM Subject: Re: Photos -- Shopmade Bandsaw Fence

ok, I reread your post and then figured you had them made before > deciding where to mount. Another case of "just in time" engineering. I > have the Jet also so it should not take any time to put one of these > together. Delivered my current project today so I should have time in > the next 3 weeks to get some of the shop upgrades done. > > Let me (us) know how the blade works out and which one it is. I have a > lot of small logs that I would like to turn into turnings also. > > BRuce

My wet wood blade came in last week, but I didn't get a chance to use it until yesterday -- it worked great cutting up some Birch and Russian Olive wood that I have been saving for the lathe. I ordered it at a woodworking show from PS Wood, who along with Suffolk Machinery are part of the Gschwind Group who make and distribute the Timber Wolf blades.

They just call it a wet wood blade, but the specs are as follows: width=3/8", TPI=3, thickness=.032. The teeth look to be the same milled shape as the standard Timber Wolf low tension blade which is .025 thick. I believe they can make it in other widths as well. At the show they recommended lubricating the blade with Pam cooking oil spray on a rag -- that really helps cut down on blade friction.

1-800-934-4414

Ken Vaughn Lakewood, CO

Reply to
Ken Vaughn

thanks you, that is one for the "keepers file". maybe Santa will leave me a little spending cash and I will get one before the end of the year.

thanks again for posting the info and the Pam hint.

BRuce

Ken Vaughn wrote:

Reply to
BRuce