Attaching side panel (Base) to cabinet

I was wondering what the regular method of attaching this piece to the cabinet is? Should it be screwed and then fill in the screw holes, nailed, or adhered?

Thanks! Kory

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

??

AFAICT you do not provide enough information to provide a reasonable answer.

The type of cabinet, type of material, new or old, what you mean by "side panel (Base)" or "piece"?

IOW, the more specific you are, the more likely you will get an answer that you can use.

Reply to
Swingman

They are unfinished Oak Cabinets. The sides of the cabinets are made of some form of particle board. The piece (base as the store described it) is also made of oak and is designed to cover the end of the particle board (Right side of the cabinets). It's basically a thin piece of oak that is unfinished to cover up the particle board for aesthetics.

Reply to
Kory.Kendziora

I used glue and brad nailer to fasten mine

Reply to
MUSTANGS7981

Spots of contact cement is what I found on the cabinets in a previous home.

Reply to
Larry Kraus