Atlas Table Saw Model 3020

I wonder if any woodworkers in the group can help me date the table saw I inherited from my uncle. It's an Atlas Model 3020, serial number 001071. I believe he bought it from Sears, and (if so) it had a Craftsman model number beginning 101.XXXX. Possibly it would have been 101.3020, but I can't confirm that.

It's my attention to restore it. If anyone has one, I'd love to hear what you've done to keep it running. An owner's manual or parts list would also be a great help. You can reply via the Rec. or to e-mail carnie snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance, Carnie

Reply to
Carnie

Bridger

carnie snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Carnie) wrote in :

I own an Atlas 3060 from the early 50's. Bought it from a small cabinet shop

25 years ago on the recommendation of a friend. To keep it running I plug it in and push the power switch :)Also you must empty sawdust from the cabinet when it gets over a foot deep! Actually I've had to derust the top several times after the washing machine overflowed upstairs from my cellar shop. A little sanding, WD40, and paste wax. The fence is rock solid & in line. Not a Bies but meets my needs. Being a dedicated Normite I'm always looking for a new tool but can't justify replacing this one. The link to
will give you all you need. Good luck.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey