at auction

Well that is a thought but the handle to my dad's old lawn mower had looked like that too.

I have to suspect that a piece of furniture and or a lawn mower handle would have an identifying 120 molded in.

Back to the barber chair, I recall a foot rest with a flat metal side, for your feet, and it would flip to offer a padded side to rest your legs when you were tipped back for a shave.

Reply to
Leon

It seems kind of short to be a lawn mower handle.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Think the top of the tubes that connect to the mower deck.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, the part you'd hold on to. It is only about a foot wide which would make mowing unwieldy as your hands would be close together... Outside of the very small push reel mowers I've never seen one that narrow and most are one piece with the riser tubing. I'd be interested in seeing more antiques as obviously I've never seen all the offerings of the past!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Yes, the part you'd hold on to. It is only about a foot wide which would make mowing unwieldy as your hands would be close together... Outside of the very small push reel mowers I've never seen one that narrow and most are one piece with the riser tubing. I'd be interested in seeing more antiques as obviously I've never seen all the offerings of the past!

I didn't finish my thought... Or, they had wooden handles!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I was thinking something more like an edger/trimmer type tool - maybee something 12 inches wide??? - hence the "120" nomenclature?

Reply to
Clare Snyder