Astraweb News

Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out. So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point my news reader to use "NewsProxy")

It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.

Reply to
Jack Novak

I paid the 25 bucks for 180 gig last June. According to my calculations I'm downloading less than a gigabyte a month, which means I'll need to resubscribe about 2039 or so. Fastest news server I've ever used, and I first found usenet in 1991.

Reply to
else24

Jack Novak wrote in news:00b228a2$0$29117$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:

I have been using astraweb for over a year now. 25GB for $10. Used about

1 GB so far. In 24 more years I'll be close to 90 ...
Reply to
Han

Except, a.b.p.w. is almost likea ghost town these days. FWIW I use Giganews for $3 a month and get 2 gig. I seldom use much over 10-15 meg. Too bad there is no roll over. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Use Astraweb with OE6 and convert the $3/month into a $2 Chuck ration.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

OE6! OE6???? LOL I have OE8 but use Firefox 3.53. In fact OE8 crashed when I just now opened it to check its version. LOL

Reply to
Leon

You must use *IE* 8. The last version of Outlook Express is 6.00. You used OE 6.00.5843 to post your message.

Firefox will give your cat warts. If you don't have a cat, you should be okay.

Reply to
HeyBub

DOH! Thanks for pointing out the obvious?

Reply to
Leon

Just in case, Seriously, thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious "to me". I was not trying to be a SA although after rereading what I posted in response I could see it could easily be interpreted as offensive towards you, which it was not intended to be.

Whew!

Reply to
Leon

Whatever floats your boat as long as it provides a source of $2 Chuck rations.

BTW, why does Firefox enter into the dialog about e-mail?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I believe I have already answered that question. I was having a senior moment. LOL sorry.

Reply to
Leon