Walnut Desk

I posted pictures of a Walnut Desk that I just completed for a customer. Pictures are posted on free.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Please have a look, if you can.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

You'd have to view every post... no other way.

-T.E.S.

Reply to
Thomas Edward Stosterone

free.* is not one of the 8 sets of groups that Verizon will let you access.

Sorry, I would have liked to see it.

I like walnut in furniture.

How did you finish it?

Reply to
Jay R

Can you post to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking instead?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Very nice work, I like the oak accent pieces.

Reply to
Norvin

I can. I'm on ATT and it is still there. Nice looking wood. I especially like the corner shot showing the leg and top.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you are on Verizon, ATT and I think Comcast, you can't get that group.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I had AT&T Worldnet which has a completely different news server than AT&T FastAccess (formally BellSouth). There are no longer any alt.binaries in BellSouth. I'm not about to create another monthly charge, but would like to see the Walnut Desk. There are some websites that offer free photo storage which I will have to start using to post any binaries.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'm on ATT and they carry free.binaries.pictures.woodworking Did you look for that one?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Marvelous!! Thanks for the pics.

Max

Reply to
Max

I noticed that I have access to about 30,000 newsgroups. Used to have 90,000 and more. After doing a search on "woodworking" I got the following hits (on newsgroups.bellsouth.net):

free.uk.woodworking msn.forums.crafts.woodworking msn.forums.homeandgarden.woodworking net.crafts.woodworking.general rec.woodworking

No binaries here and I've been considering dropping AT&T. :(

Reply to
Phisherman

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm using astraweb as newsserver for those groups that Verizon is now preventing me from frequenting. 25 GB for $10. So far (since about June

20) I used up 50 MB. So I'll be set for years, since the credit doesn't expire. My posts do not appear to get there as fast as with Verizon (which is instantaneously, as far as I can determine), but they all do get there within minutes (and propagate to the Verizon servers instantly), and other aspects seem to be great as well. See
Reply to
Han

ATT (Prodigy) has access to this group.

Great job, though I think the spalted oak is too much of a contrast with the Walnut.

Reply to
wb8nbs

Sorry guys. B A R R Y can see the group. I am going to have to find a service to do this through. Any "CHEAP" suggestions?

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Norvin, I got lucky on the oak pieces again.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Edwin, those shots are my favorite also.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you and You are welcome.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you, I kinda was thinking the drawer front may have been too much of a contrast. The corner spalted oak pieces actually improved the look. The desk seemed to always be missing something until I added them.

Reply to
Leon

4 coats of Lawrence Mcfaddin's Gel varnish.
Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:A3Jgk.16959$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

Leon, what server did you post on? free.binaries.pictures.woodworking seems not to be available at astraweb, but they do have alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Could you reporst on abpw?

Reply to
Han