Aspen or nordic spruce for sauna walls - please help me

In two days I'm going to buy sauna. I've heard that I can choose sauna walls to be made of aspen or nordic spruce. Which is better? What king of wood is better for seats: abache or aspen?

Please, could you answer my questions?

Thank you in advance

Best wishes,

Tommco

Reply to
Tommco

Any kind of spruce will bleed pitch forever. I lined the interior of my sauna with off the shelf 1/2 t&g and have pitch runs all over the place. Big mistake I would suggest the aspen jerry

Reply to
jerry

Reply to
woodworm

Qualify that. Lots of "cedars" out there, most of which aren't. Eastern white is a good choice based on my sauna tours, and it's not.

Reply to
George