Are MCLS Boomer clamps any good?

They seem to have a good deal on a set of 3 clamps (24", 36", 50") for $66.95

Anybody ever use them before?

- Are they good quality?

- Are they good value?

- If not, what other brands would you recommend that are reasonably priced?

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

They are kind of special purpose for clamp on fence applications. I use a shop made sawboard with spring clamps for that purpose and not all that often. I think it would be overkill to have three of them, unless you had some kind of production need. What do you want to use them for?

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I have been using the 50" model for a fence when cutting sheets of plywood for 4 years. No complaints.

Roger

Reply to
Roger amd Missy Behnke

I have the 24" model, and it's pretty good. One thing to note - the handle to tighten the clamp is fairly small and metal - not very ergonomic, and kind of hard to put a lot of pressure on it. Also, this handle moves depending on the size of your material, and seems to end up in an inconvenient spot. Their "Boomer Red" model, or equivalent ones at Rockler or Amazon, have handles that look better to me. Overall, though, it's a unique clamp design that is a good straightedge for routing a groove, etc. Andy

Reply to
Andy