Applying a Finish

Hi

I need to put a protective coat on a shelf I have installed which has been painted with Emulsion.

I do not wish to have a gloss Finish and I would like something that isn't going to turn Yellow after many years, I would like to try something other than straight Varnish as I believe this may dis-colour.

Any ideas or recommendation, bear in mind that I shall probably be buying from B&Q or something similar.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Bratby

I would try water-based polyurethane. It has all the plusses. Doesn't turn yellow. Fewer nasty fumes. Bulletproof finish. Easy cleanup.

YMMV.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow