Anyone Need Parts from Old Rockwell 1/2" Drill?

I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing, shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!
Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart remarks about what happened ;).
Thanks, Wally
replying to wallyblackburn, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:

I need a power cord for a 378R
Get the motor fixed or replace it. Simple as that. Martin
On 10/19/2015 8:44 AM, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:

Since Wally posted about his drill in 2006, I'm going to guess that he no longer has it available, either to supply parts or to repair the motor.
Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.
John
On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, John McCoy wrote:

Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to check the date on every post you read/reply to?

Surely that depends on the client software. Mine only shows articles posted since the last time I accessed the newsgroup, making it impossible to accidentally reply to a decade-old post.
Google news, on the other hand, forgot about human interface design when creating their replacement for dejanews.
On 10/20/2015 10:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

And regardless, what does it hurt. It will educate someone whether the post is ancient or new.

Only for the ones which look suspiciously old.
I find it amusing when someone tries to answer a decade old question, where the original asker has undoubtably either solved it or given up expecting an answer years ago. But I would have thought people would prefer not to provide that amusement.
John
Hi I need the switch handle and a brush cover. I live in Homer, Alaska so let me know how much you would like for the parts. My zip code is 99603 so check the frieght. Thanks
replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote: do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start switch

Hi jack,
If you'd post a new thread, describing what you need we might be able to help. Most of us can't see the message you're replying to, our newsreaders don't go back far enough.
Homeowners Hub doesn't actually run a forum in the traditional sense, 99% of its content comes from a medium called Usenet. Most of us are accessing Usenet and Homeowners Hub is just posting that content on their site.
Now that you understand that, I'd like to invite you to join in! We love talking about woodworking and woodworking tools, so if that's your cup of tea you'll fit right in.
Puckdropper
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 6:16:36 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart remarks about what happened ;).
Thanks, Wally
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 4:14:05 PM UTC-5, jack wrote:

Jack, there's one on Ebay.... seems kinna pricey, but states it's clean and in good shape.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Rockwell-Model-378-Spade-Handle-1-2-Corded-Drill-Electric-USA-/282432892056?hash=item41c24fec98:g:h84AAOSw3v5YoTMV
Sonny