Any Sawhorse Plans?

They look like they all came out of the same Chinese factory to me, except for color. Home depot orange just arrived. Lowe's are black. I can tell you that HD and Lowe's are identical. They look just like the LV picture and are very stout.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

appreciated. Thanks!!

Reply to
diesel_fuel

Sorry about posting this to a non binary news group I sent to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and went here as well, I'm using a new newsreader

Reply to
diesel_fuel

Let me guess. You've trained the cat to guard the saw horse?

Reply to
Upscale

"Bob Davis" wrote in news:hwpfc.11240$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Worked for me just now.

GJP

Reply to
GJP

\ The internet routing to my part of the world must be rusty. Oh well.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Reply to
jo4hn

"Bob Davis" wrote in news:oIfgc.14289$A snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

What version of Acrobat reader do you have...seems like some of the newer PDF's lately require ver 5 or 6 to work correctly?

GJP

Reply to
GJP

Are you going through a proxy?

is one of the few sites that doesn't work with my proxy.

Reply to
Frank Shute

You know what? If you have an Ikea near you, you might want to check out the section where they have their table legs. There they have wooden "saw horses". They have one that can be adjusted for height....and they're cheap. Or, use that as your idea for a saw horse to make on your own.

Layne

appreciated. Thanks!!

Reply to
Layne

appreciated. Thanks!!

Reply to
Layne

I knew I had seen this plan somewhere, finally found it in an old notebook, then found it on Woodworkers Workshop free plan list. I originally got it as free plan of the month from Wood Magazine. It's simple, knockdown, uses 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood.

out for the wrap)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

OOPS! That one wasn't a free one! Sorry.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I bought a set of the heavy duty folders from Home Depot too, and love them. The legs adjust to about four different heights and their load capacity varies depending on the height (1,200 lb. at lowest setting, deduct 200 lb for each upward adjustment). You can screw 2x to the top to allow nailing, clamping or screw down of projects.

I set these up during a couple of remodel projects with a 12" miter saw mounted on 8' 2x6's on one side and an old hollow core door on the other side. The door held up my jig saw and a small sanding station and still provided about 3-4' of portable work space. The whole thing sets up in about 20 minutes and is as solid as a rock.

I also use them to hold up a "quick and dirty" plywood bench in my garage. I throw the 2x4 edged 4' x 4' plywood surface on top of the folders to provide temporary work space in about two minutes.

Considering cost and utlity provided by the folders, it is hard to justify building sawhorses. Lowe's has them too. They are usually painted bright yellow, have a side handle, and are fairly heavy.

Reply to
RonB

Kewl.. I went and got me some of those and like you said they are really handy.Mine are already in use. Now I may need to get some more (grin)..

collapsable

Reply to
Gregory Jensen