Anudder bandsaw question

Ok, the lights are on but no one's at home....with the general 14 bandsaw are 2 bars that (I think) the fence somehow rides on, slides on or something. I know it's something really easy and I'm going to feel like a fool but how do I set the dang thing up? I unscrewed the screws that attach the bars to the table but I can't see how the fence is supposed to tighten up when the bars are re-installed on the table. It seems like I'm lacking about 2 inches...(on the table,,,,get your mind out the gutter,,,)

moyo

Reply to
moyo

Save yourself some trouble and get the directions. Or, realizing that ad-hoc fences are as useful, as easily adjustable, and have no perpetually-installed pieces of steel to goad your spine as you rise after dropping a cutoff, put it back in the box and spread cosmoline all over it.

Reply to
George

My Jet has two rails (bars) also and there are spacers to keep the rails away from the table. Maybe you are missing some hardware. Frank

Reply to
frank

as mentioned getting the directions might help or not

My Bandsaw fence (King 1433) has two bars - one on each side of the table. On the near side the bar is wider and has a track that fence rides in. The fence car has a lever that when pushed down clamps it in the track On the far side of the fence, underneath there is a screw with a plastic head. It simply rides on top of the the bar that is screwed into that side of the table.

I am near the end of put my bandsaw together - delivered the other day.

The manual vageuly shows how to put the fence together but not how to lock it in place.

Reply to
Matt