Another step stool

I made another step stool from cherry scrap with the intention of selling it (e-bay or yard sale item). I have NEVER sold any of my work before. How much would you sell this thing for? Roughly 6 hours of work.

It is very similar to another step stool I made with the exception of the sides.

Stoutman

goes or put it up for a thousand and see if you have any takers. If it sells for a thousand you've got a new market beckoning, if it sells for a dollar-ten then maybe it's not time to quite the day job.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, you can search ebay to see what comparable items have sold for, and what good keywords to put in your title are. I imagine "solid wood", "cherry" would be good.

Really, if it was me, I'd start it at 99 cents and see what happens. You only have 6 hours into it. I've always started all my auctions at

99 cents. It gets more people watching, because they think there are getting a bargain. If you start it at $50 or $100, you risk turning off a lot of people. Ironically, I saw an auction that started at $200 with no bids. It relisted with a $1 start and ended up selling for over $200. Seen it happen many times.
Reply to
bf

The posters above did not provide an opinion on price. Maybe their method is the best way to go. But if not, I would say $350 is a good price.

Joe Bemier