Another Shop Hazard

Saw this in the news this morning.

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Court papers allege that an Olympia woman, angry that her husband left her, tampered with his power tools so that he received a powerful electric shock.

Carolyn Paulsen-Riat was booked Friday into the Thurston County Jail for investigation of third-degree assault, domestic violence, and second-degree malicious mischief. A judge released the 33-year-old woman on her own recognizance.

The Olympian newspaper reports that court documents say that on Jan.

1, the man was using a 220-volt table saw when he received the shock, knocking him to the ground. Thurston County sheriff's deputies say the man did not need to go to a hospital.

In the documents, deputies say the woman told them she had reversed the wires on his power tools because she was angry he was leaving.

Another good reason not to piss her off. It was komonews.com if you want to see it.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Hell hath no fury ...

Should be attempted murder, IMO. He better get a new toothbrush while he's at it.

Reply to
Swingman

I guess we should collectively hope that this doesn't get widespread distribution... don't want to give anyone ideas. On the other hand, how many could have pulled that off with out zapping themselves? ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I was thinking the same thing (attempted murder). I suppose she could claim ignorance as far as what could kill him, but *that* assertation is tough to reconcile with someone who has the knowledge to pull that stunt off without killing *themself*.

"Is there any reason to believe she is anything but a woman scorned, which Hell no fury hath like?"

-captain jack sparrow

I loved that quote.

jc

Reply to
Joe

Yesterday I was reading a cartoon that a neighbor sent to me. Kim was with in arm swinging distance.

2 older guys sitting on the curb out side a store. One looks over at the other and asks,

You know why a woman's work is never done?

He follows up with,

They don't get up early enough.

Good thing Kim did not have a knife.... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Quite a fitting anecdote for an attempted murder thread.

Reply to
Robatoy

No worries for that in my house. Not necessarily because my wife loves me either. She would not know how to get the cover off the electrical box.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You don't have any of those recalled books laying around for her to peruse do you? ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

May the bitch face a judge with a woodshop in his garage.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz