Angle Wright back in business...

A guy in the shop has a really nice angle finder/miter gauge called an Angle Wright. Unfortunately these are no longer manufactured, and I haven't been able to find one for sale. For a long time there was no web presence other than to say they aren't making them any longer. But recently they started promoting and selling AngleWright Woodworker's Height Gauge, which can be seen here....

don't have a need at this time for one of these, but I am in the market for a nice beefy angle finder/protractor type thing. Any recommendations? I'd like to be able to set it to an angle and lock it, and have it stay accurate even under a bit of force.

JP

Reply to
JayPique

JayPique wrote in news:58801e1b-d70f-44f6-80d8- snipped-for-privacy@j20g2000vby.googlegroups.com:

That price is really good for the seller. I got something close to that from Grizzly (to lazy to look up details), that was far less. See

I also got a Wixey digital angle finder with magnetic base, but it is NOT a protractor. DAGS for it.

Reply to
Han

personally, i would think to use something like that would be getting a little ATE UP with it!

Reply to
Steve Barker

Did you mean this one for $20.00 ?

> I also got a Wixey digital angle finder with magnetic base, but it is

Reply to
HeyBub

I have a starrett square with a protractor which can be set for nearly any angle. Like this:

Gerald Ross

"HeyBub" wrote in news:PcKdnWAJoNoPwTHTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

No that was not the one I meant, but it is really cute! Late reply because we were without power for 24 hrs, courtesy of the Ocober surprise. Although not too many big trees went over, the damage from broken off branches is almost greater here in 07410 than with Irene.

Reply to
Han

Height gauge

DD_BobK

07481, without power from last Saturday until 9PM last night. MUCH worse damage here than what Irene brought.
Reply to
tommyboy

How do you mean that - in terms of the length of the power outage, or in terms of the real damage done throughout many homes and businesses in the area? I really have a hard time believing that this storm caused any more - let alone MUCH more damage than Irene.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

tommyboy wrote in news:6ph5b7hlalp172q0bc8ejri8usqug84547@

4ax.com:

You're next doors!!

Yes, upon further reflection this Octosnowsurprise was about 5x worse than Irene in terms of tree damage.

Reply to
Han

Angle ? how does it measure angles ? . Looks like a hieght gauge to me . should call it Hieght Wright.

Pity not in Metric either.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)