An interesting Festool possibility

Never thought about it until I saw this on Craigslist:

out your Festools! I know, I know, sacrilege, but it's still an interesting idea.

RicodJour

I'd rent out the wife first.....

Reply to
Robatoy

Craigslist:

>>> Renting out your Festools! I know, I know, sacrilege, but it's still

Post Pics :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Post credit info.

Reply to
Robatoy

Craigslist:

Hahahaha, I was expecting a pic of a Festering tool. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

------------------------------ Makes for an interesting chain of liability.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

There's an opportunity there when you think about it--the things _are_ too expensive for non-wealthy people to buy them for occasional use, but renting is another story.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yeah, that's something I'd do with somebody I don't know. The possibilities are endless and most of them bad ranging from "oops, I didn't realize that nails/screws were bad for it to, "George? George who? Nobody by the name of George lives here. You say somebody with this phone number rented a tool from you? I'm 95 and my wife is 90; I can't use tools anymore because I don't see so well these days. Nope, nobody named George here".

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I was thinking more of renting it to people I know!

"You can borrow the Makita, I'll rent you the Festool." ;)

RicodJour

How much? Does she do windows?

Reply to
Upscale

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:24:05 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Could very quickly become 'former friends' if they damaged it in any way.

Reply to
Upscale

I'd never let a stranger use any of my tools. Decades ago, when I was in film production, I rented out gear from time-to-time. In more than one instance, the equipment came back dirty or damaged. I'm slow, but I learned my lesson.

An interesting alternative: Hire me and my Festool Domino for $45/ hour.

Reply to
joeljcarver

We have 4 macs in this house. She _has_ to use windows at her job and hates it. So, no.

Reply to
Robatoy

Only Windows 7

Reply to
Josepi

BTDT. Now the answer (and has been for years): "Sorry bro', but these tools are the only things between me and being broke, I can not afford to pass on a job because a tool isn't here." Besides, my close friends know I'm happy to give them a hand...me and my tools. Now it is really simple: "what tools?" LOL (*whispering sideways from behind my hand* "my collection is starting to build up nicely again..."

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, I would, but only to one person. He's the executor and full beneficiary of my estate when I finally go and I consider him family. I wouldn't even think of getting angry at him if something broke while in his possession. Hell, he's going to get it all sooner or later, so I'd never get upset if he accidentally broke something I loaned him.

Reply to
Upscale

As Red Green was known for saying: "If it ain't broke, don't lend it."

Reply to
Steve Turner

I remember, "If it ain't broke, your not trying hard enough" on Red Green.

Reply to
Michael Kenefick