An Atta Boy For Makita

On Wednesday I had a problem with my Makita belt Sander. While taking the front roller apart the retaining clip that holds the shaft in place flew thru the air never to be seen again. I decided to call Makita customer service to find out what size the clip is, was. Thinking I was in for a long session I made myself a cup of tea and set myself up with something to read. You know the normal customer service routine.

Well what a surprise, after one choice for English or Spanish and a second for sales ot technical assistance I was talking to a live person after only 2 rings. A plus for Makita!!

I explained I just wanted the size of the clip as I thought I could get it locally and avoid any shipping charges for a small item. I was told the clip was 12mm and they had them in stock for 40 cents. I said that I did not want to purchase and incur any shipping charges. I was told the would send me the clip without charge for the clip or charge for shipping. I could hardly believe it. Another plus for Makita.

Today is Friday and when I came home this afternoon the package laying on my front step contained the clip. Another plus for Makita.

I do not think there are many companies offering that kind of service today and I felt they deserved some public praise.

Reply to
mike

Now the old lost clip will magically reappear. Never fails....

Aloha... Craig

***
Reply to
MakaNui

You got that right!!! It showed up this afternoon 20 feet away from where I last heard it hit something.

Reply to
mike

Gun springs/parts have the same habits...

Reply to
professorpaul