Amazon/Tool Crib alternative

Can anyone recommend an Amazon/Tool Crib alternative?

I work in a call center and heard, from Amazon, that their call/contact center work has been moved to India. Because of this, I no longer want to give them my business. I am willing to pay more to give my business to someone else.

Is there an online tool source you can recommend?

Thanks!

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Here's a few places I've collected...

Roy Smith

Good prices. I've both ordered on the internet and in the store. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Guess I won't be buying from Amazon anymore, either. Oh well. Here's a place in Washington state that I've given my business in the past and would recommend:

for the heads up.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Go to

It searches for the lowest price from 10 or so common suppliers. For the last 3 or 4 tools I have bought, Woodworkers Supply has come up cheapest when you include shipping. They regularly beat Amazon by a few percent. Everytime I order from them, it get the stuff very fast too. (2 days usually).

My $0.02

Joe in Denver My woodworking website:

Joe Wilding

I've had good luck with international tools,

Zeke

Buy local. When I purchased my Jet Supersaw I looked up the Amazon price then visited my local dealer. He had one on the floor and left me alone to look it over, open it up, play with it etc. (I'm an engineer so you know how anal we get.) Then I asked for a price and it was the same as Amazon delivered to my garage. I didn't even have to pay extra for a liftgate truck. Delivered when promised, new in the box, worked as expected ever since and the dealer is still in business for my other needs.

Howard

Reply to
Howard

its a good thought, but hardly a general alternative. The local shops here will, if the staff is under 60, help you load it into your truck. no truck, well take it home in pieces or hire it out.

BTW- how do we know amazon outsourced its help desk?

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

I second Howard's motion. We have a local outfit called "The Big Tool Store". Most of my medium to big ticket purchases go to them. And, since more and more of the online places are starting to charge sales tax as well as shipping, the local "delivered" prices frequently beat the internet price. Not to mention that Shelly, the owner's daughter, has the prettiest set of Baby Blues.

They have an Internet domain, but haven't done anything with it. I've been trying to talk them into developing it, but no luck so far.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Since you are willing to pay more, order from me.

Reply to
Leon

Try Coastal Tool;

from them 3-4 times and had good prices/service. When what I ordered was out of stock, they've substituted it with a better and more expensive item at no additional cost to me. One time I ordered the Fein Multimaster variable speed detail sander ($170) and instead I got the single-speed sander, but in the "Holiday" edition with the metal case, profile kit and mega-accessories. This version goes for $270. Another time I ordered a 10-pack of bags for the Mini-turbo vac and got a 20-pack instead, for only $37.

Larr

Reply to
Larry West

My workmates assure me anal is something I am, not something I get. Like being right handed or something...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Looks like all my favorites but one were suggested by others. The remaining place is Tool King of Denver. (esp for refurbs)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Woodworker's Supply at

have ordered from them in the past. They have been around since

1972 and whenever I have had questions before ordering the guy on the other end has known what he was talking about. It wasn't just someone that knew how to answer a phone.

I wish I had ordered from Woodworker's Supply for my Unisaw since their delivery is better.

-- Jim

Reply to
jegan

I second tool king. Always had a good experience with them.

I will definitely be staying away from Amazon as well. I'd rather pay more, buy less things, and keep the jobs here.

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Smith

Reputedly, the causitave factor is a female sibling. That's where the name under which it is studied comes from -- anal-i-sis.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:52:11 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) brought forth from the murky depths:

AKA "Kinky Sister"?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'll second them. Free shipping and good price. Shipping is ground UPS so I order ahead of needed time. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Farley

Does anyone else see any irony in a recommendation to "International Tools" to someone who doesn't to deal with international service?

John

Reply to
John Emmons