Amazon.com deal

$50 off any order of $250 or more when purchasing tools direct from them.

promotional code THCAT5X6DEAL

Looks like I'll finally get that Triton router I've been eyeing for months.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Time to cancel your order... otherwise hope you get it sooner.

Chuck

Reply to
CNT

You will be happy to learn that Wood magazine just came out with a review of all the monster routers and while the Triton did not win the top prize it did oddly enough score higher than all the competition including the winner. I guess the winner paid more for advertising this month. LOL.

Reply to
Leon

See, this just ain't right. Bought a bunch of Whitesides yeasterday and today Amazon has this deal. I figure that I can get the Bessey 40/24 and 24/12 sets for $210. That's about $25+/clamp.

In the process of selling SWMBO.

So far her best response is "you are really crazy".

Lou

Reply to
loutent

If THAT's her attitude, I can see why you're selling her.

Why not post some photos of her on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking along with your asking price. If she's got some miles left on her you just might be able to get those new clamps and a lot more Amazon.com special or not!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

In the big routers, I think one gets into religious fervor. There are several good and excellent brands. I've not heard of any major brand where the owner was ready to trash it. Ever since I saw how yours worked in a table, I''ve been sold. Instead of pouring extra money in a router lift, I bought a table and fence instead. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about late shipment dates. I ordered mine on 7/18 and it shipped today. With free shipping, its due here in 6 days. I think I got my money's worth at $269 drive out price.

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

IMHO the late shippment dates pretty much center around the Bessy clamps. When they go on sale every one goes wild and orders. The same thing happened when the Cabinet Master clamps went on sale for about 1/2 price a couple of years ago. I have ordered several items from Amazon and got the items in a reasonable period of time also.

I am still quite happy with the Triton and it sounds like you go a great deal. I paid $357 at Woodcraft. I could have gotten a better deal at Amazon but wanted the 1 year satisfaction guarantee that Woodcraft offers since I had not actually seen one set up and being used.

One small thing to be aware of. The Triton collet tightens and loosens with just a little bit of wrench movement. You want the collet tight so that the bit does not slip but if you get the collet too tight the wrench can be hard on your hand when loosening the collet. Just keep that in mind when tightening.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for the note on the collet. It sounds like my Dewalt router. If you put a firm twist on it, its hard to break loose. I've learned just to "snug" it without any extra force and it holds - comes loose easily at bit change time too. Basically its a very good collet that needs no help from ham fisted treatment.

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

I prefer the 2 wrench set ups. Just squeeze the 2 wrenches together to loosen or tighten and nothing breaks loose suddenly like on the single wrench models.

Reply to
Leon

The $50 off $250 deal ended yesterday 7-19-05. If you hear of another promotion however please post it as we would all like to get something special. Tool wise that is!

Reply to
Matisse

I learned about this deal through an email subscription from

I normally avoid these things like the plague, but this one seemed decent. They send a weekly email of current coupons and special offers. The coupons are grouped by category. This was listed in the "tools and automotive" group. The information also seems to be very up to date. The Amazon deal was listed, including the ending date. Interestingly, the end date was not listed on the Amazon site. I thought the couponcabin notice was wrong so did not post the end date in my email.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob