All hail to the great and mighty Norm!

OK, the subject may have been over the top a bit, but now that I have your attention... The most recent issue of Popular Woodworking has a couple of good articles on Abram, one of which debunks myths about him. They even coined a term for his followers: Normites. Gawrsh. sigh, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

There are myths about him?

Reply to
stoutman

Occathionally, yeth.

Most of the Normite groupies are mythers, however.

Thorry about that.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

An the magazine DEFINITELY DID NOT coin the phrase/term NORMITE, been used here on the newgroups for years

John

Reply to
John

I think you missed the sarcasm! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

;-)

Reply to
jo4hn

I thought myths were unmarried female moths.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Where's that damn sarcasm key on my keyboard!!????!?

Reply to
LRod

Just press Ctrl, Alt, and delete, twice! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

It's usually just below and to the right of the 'any' key.

Reply to
fredfighter

That mytheth the point.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

On Fri 24 Jun 2005 09:58:47p, jo4hn wrote in news:HL3ve.8945$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I got that issue today. I haven't finished the Adirondack chair article but I liked the mythbusting one. Except for all the myths I didn't know about

I did find out that he and I attended UMass Amherst at the same time for at least one semester, maybe two. I think I bumped into him once.

Reply to
Dan

I'm fond of the one where Norm built a mahogany armoire with nothing more than six pounds of balsawood and a rusty douzouki.

Reply to
Brian Siano

That's IMPOSSIBLE...

everyone knows that Norm also used a 1/2 lb of brads to hold it all together until the glue dried.

Dave

Brian Siano wrote:

Reply to
David