Air compressor/outside air

After spending to much time googling for the answer without any luck I am posting this question to this knowledgeable group. Have an air compressor with two 1/2in. inlets for and air supply. Because my shop get dusty at times would like to pipe in air from outside. Can I run two 1/2 in. hoses from the inlets to outside of the shop, which will be about twelve feet or these hoses have to be increased to something bigger to supply the same amount of intake air. Thanks for all replies. BTW this compressor is located in a woodworking shop.

Vic

Reply to
victorj

Considering how friction works, why not just run a larger sized tubing outside? Cost differential is really tiny. Rather that two 1/2", I'd run a single 1 1/2" and tee off to the dual inlets. We run our 150 hp compressor at work with an 8" PVC inlet. At full load it is about 800 cfm. It also has a filter on it, but even a bug screen would help as you don't want a bee's nest in it. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

skip the outside air and put a filter on the inlet, inside your shop.

Reply to
David

run a section of dryer flex hose. it won't develop any suction to speak of- it just needs to direct clean air to the inlet.

Reply to
bridger

the issues with that are critters moving in. A good filter should sensibly take care of the problem, if not, I would do what Edwin said and install some 1.5" ribbed hose.

Ignoramus23461