Advice needed: splined long miter joint?

I believe the term you're looking for is a "pattern bit". There are both bits with the bearing between the cutting edges and the shaft, and bearing kits you can get that fit into your router base and surround the cutting bit (effectively adding a bearing to any bit). In any case, any store with a decent selection of router bits *should* have pattern bits.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Site Timeline is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.