A fun little "on the side" project ...

L0ooks Goooood!

Really look good with the paint. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Sharp, sharp, sharp! Someone is an artist...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

That almost has a Starry Night feel to it...... I like it!

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Swingman wrote in news:ioKdnX6IWvHQ6DrQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Han

Excellent!

What's backing the stonework?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

1) Hey, cool. I like the little blue-leafed palms or rhodies around the outside. The blood splotches are kinda neat, too. ;)

and

2) OMG! Who has the patience for those? I see mosaics and just cringe. I could never sit down and put together something like that.

-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

She did the mosaic on 1/4" Hardi-Backer board. I backed that up with 1" of Baltic birch ply.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, Han ... but I just did the simple frame. The artistry is in the hand work of the mosaic and iron work.

Reply to
Swingman

KC:

Fine wood, nice steel and pretty broken plates-- or "pique assiette" if we want to be fancy. And it's fancy.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

its designated home.

As color blind as I am, I could still appreciate the gorgeous complement of the hand rubbed walnut to the old leather couch ... a "rich' look, indeed. Wished I had something besides a DroidX POS camera, you really need to be there.

Reply to
Swingman

Man, drop that in my living room and I'd try to design a room around it. Beautiful! If I was selling that, I'd find the hoitiest-toitiest reseller I could find!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Whoa.... I liked the mosaic work before, but that frame around it now makes it just jump out. I think it is a hard task to make a piece like that look classy as the mosaic patterns can go so terribly wrong sometimes.

Not there. Your frame was the perfect compliment; its exacting tolerances and hand applied finish really make the whole piece come together. What a great job.

Nice.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks, Robert ... I enjoyed working with the other folks on that project, no pressure, just do your thing and see what comes. It is certainly not something I would have sought out, or even thought I'd like doing for that matter.

Reply to
Swingman

How nice now I see it in its element. I hope to find the patience to try out some of those exotic finishes. I still see elements of Starry Night....

Nice!

Reply to
Robatoy

Thanks, Robert ... I enjoyed working with the other folks on that project, no pressure, just do your thing and see what comes. It is certainly not something I would have sought out, or even thought I'd like doing for that matter.

Yeah you did goooood.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

All of you did real GOOD!

My hat is off!

Reply to
Han

"It's time to increase your dose of Lithium, sir."

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lithium wouldn't reduce the hallucinogenic component of Absinthe, the elixir that many scholars believe caused Van Gogh to see the swirls evident in many of his paintings. Hallucinations AND enormous amounts of gas are both a side effects of absinthe. The gas often so bad that one can be mistaken for a loud motorcycle. Hence:

Absinthe makes the farts go honda. . . . . . . .

The Right Reverend Spooner grolls over in his rave.

Reply to
Robatoy