A Big Neener for me

I don't want to be on welfare. I've earned everything I have, and I work hard. Not at some pussy 40 hour a week job either, for that matter. That doesn't mean I *enjoy* working. In fact, I *hate* working. So what? Ask my boss if he has any complaints. He doesn't. I do an *excellent* job, and I detest every minute of it.

If I can figure out a way to retire at 35, what do you care? All I need to live a very modest life from here to the end of the road is a lousy million bucks. That's not a completely unrealistic goal. Maybe one spectacular invention, a winning lottery ticket, a munificent benefactor who really likes my art. There are plenty of ways I might retire, or at least go down to a part time job (like 40 hours a week) by 35 without sucking on the government tit, and if I come up with something, what business is it of yours either way what I want to do with my time here on Earth?

Oh, and if I didn't have to work, I'd have no use for a cell phone.

Reply to
Silvan

Hey, nice inspiration!

Exactly. Carpe diem. Life's too short to spend it doing something you hate if you can possibly avoid it.

Reply to
Silvan

There you go bringing in common sense into the thread.

But if I had won the lottery or Ed MacMann(sp) had come through as he promised I would have been able to do all that stuff.

Bob in salem or

Reply to
RPRESHONG

I'm in Lexington right now. We just bought our property in Georgetown.

Roy Roy

Reply to
Roy Neudecker

Just curious. Very pretty area. I'm in Louisville, but I go through Lexington quite a bit. I got a brother in Frankfort.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Hell yeah, man, you've got it. THAT'S IT! That's the solution to all my problems!!

All I gotta do is get a job coaching Virginia Tech's football team. Take the money and run, and by the *I'm* done with them, they will have the worst football team in the world again, and all these freaking flapping football flags will go away.

(At the base of the wall, those flags on the highway above sound like someone is firing off a machine gun in a canyon every time some SUV studded with those things sails by at 30-40 mph over the posted speed limit.)

Reply to
Silvan

And glue. Don't forget glue.

Me too. I love my dogs dearly, but I just can't get into horses.

Probably due to my childhood friend's mother... "JOHNNEEEEEEEEEE!!! FEED THE HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reply to
Silvan

(The short version) I started up a small e-commerce company (RegSoft.com) about 8 years ago and grew it to one of the leaders in the market. It grew to the point where we were getting in the face of our main competition too much for their liking so they bought us.

I did come contracting work for them after that to transition my people to them. After that was complete - they decided they had enough of me and I had enough of them so we parted ways. My contract ran out of Friday.

Ill give you the long version one day over a few cold ones. ;)

-R

And, you retired, how?

JOAT I love cats, but I can never eat a whole one.

- John Wamsley

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 4 Dec 2003. Some tunes I like.

Rob V

Silvan wrote: If I can figure out a way to retire at 35, what do you care? All I need to

Sell $2 million at half price. j4

Actually tried it once. Nobody believed me.

Reply to
jo4hn

Jerry,

My shop is in boxes right now but you are welcome to come over when I get my new shop built and I'm moved in.

I am having a great time so far. I've been working with Rob and Jackie Tanner at Kings Row. Their trainers. It's a fair exchange of me working for free for them. In exchange I get knowledge. I've owned horses before but many moons ago. So this is a great opportunity to be right along side some of the best trainers in the country. I will hate when it ends.

Roy

Reply to
Roy Neudecker