Subject Author Posted Replies

thoughts on painting shop walls and ceiling
Finished hanging the drywall on Saturday in the shop area of the gar/shop. The ceilings are 10 ft. I opted to have a couple of pros do the taping, because frankly, I suck at taping, and I'd like to...
14
14

Painting celotex
Any ideas on how to paint celotex? The shop I've inherited (on the corner of our lot) was finished with celotex. I've tried painting it, but it is really absorbent. Also, where there had been water...
12
12

How to refinish plywood floor
Is there a recommended way to refinish a plywood floor? The workshop on the corner of my lot was built in the early '40s and has a plywood floor. I cleaned it as preparation for painting and it looks...
4
4

Rigid band saw experiences?
I was considering getting a Rigid bandsaw until I read some of the reviews on the HD web site. I like the looks of the saw, like the price and I already have a table saw and jointer, which I am very...
11
11

Re: Help with laminating stock
Here's a couple of photos of a gunsmith's operation that makes custom laminated rifle stocks. This photo is of his laminating press: This next webpage is the overall layout of his shop and the...
3
3

Affortable Shop Option
Just picked up a local bargain magazine, and checking it out. Truck & trailer sales place has a 28' smi-trailer for $1500. And, a 48' X 102" semi-triler for $2750. You'd have to either back one up to...
9
9

PT Pine and Sikkens Cetol 1
Looking for advice on the staining and upkeep of PT pine. I am building a gazebo and was wondering how the above product would look and endure? I am in SE Penna. In my case, should I use the three...
12
12

OT: This going to be good. (Formula One)
Fernando Alonso finished second to close within four points of his McLaren teammate. Hamilton now has 107 points, Alonso 103 and Raikkonen 100. It will be the first time since 1986 that three drivers...
41
41

INSPIRATION - Woodworking Tools
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/Garden/5461/
4
4

Douglas fir questions
I just got some old growth douglas fir beams that I'm thinking about resawing up and using for trim, bookcases, etc. They've been stored outside so are a little wet. If I'm going to store them for...
1
1

INSPIRATION - Rifle/Gun Carrying Case
I'd been planning for awhile to make a carrying case. I'd looed at a lot of pictures, but didn't find anything I really wanted to make. So, I got to thinking about just how i wanted to do up with it,...
20
20

Project Finished and Web Page Update
Just posted several pictures from the latest project on More pictures are shown at , Home Page:
4
4

Stanley plane
I was given a Stanley No. 40 Scrub Plane the other day, it needs some cleaning up, but it's missing the screw that holds the knob in place. Where could I get a screw for that? Thx, Chris
3
3

roof truss repair question
Hi I am repairing some stained ceiling sheetrock in my garage, and after removing some sections of it I realized there is more damage. First the leak in the roof has been found and repair, so there...
6
6

Leigh Dovetail Question
For those of you who have used a Leigh dovetail jig: If I get a 12 inch dovetail jig, can I slide the piece over, line up, and cut dovetails on a piece longer than 12 inches? I'm debating whether I...
10
10