Subject Author Posted Replies

How does one fill a large void in a window sill?
Hello. The windows in my Mom's house were just replaced. Apparently they had to move the windows about 1/4" forward from where the previous windows were (according to the person who installed it, this...
13
13

Crown Spring Angle: Royalmouldings "Never Rot"
I will be installing "Never Rot" cellular PVC 3-5/8" crown moulding on a portico project. It is currently on order and I won't have it for 2 weeks. In order to continue with the project, I need to...

Anybody have experience with Lyptus counter tops?
I want to use this in my new kitchen, anybody have them? -Jim
1
1

Glue suggestions for vines to pine.
I made a little toy house with pine lining boards that I have shellaced to give a warm colour. I was gluing some dried out vines (3-4mm dia) around the edges of the building but the water based...
4
4

metal tool chest. liners?
Yeah, I know. Wooden chests are better, but I got this one free. Large, 24 x 36 x 18" tall. Should be big enough to house my hand tool kit, including the planes that seem to have bred over the past...
4
4

O/T: The Undocumented
As you can imagine, the subject is a very hot topic here in SoCal. Many undocumented harvest our vegetables, clean our tables, build our houses, etc, etc. On one side of the discussion are those who...
4
4

Drawer disaster!!
OK, I need advise, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm building a chest of drawers for my new granddaughter and the carcase came out great. The drawers are the problem. Most of the drawers are rectangles...
11
11

Old Handsaw can't figure out what this part is.
On some of my old saws (really old ones). On the top about 6 inches back from the tip there is a small piece about the thickness of a nickle that sticks up does this part have a name, and did it ever...
9
9

INSPIRATION - Jewelry Box
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." Artisans of the Valley - Period Furniture Artistic Handmade Boxes

Band Saw Guide Holder Cracked
I am relatively new at woodworking and I have been slowly moving tools from my parents garage to my house, they are old but in decent shape. I have been working at bringing them back to life. I have a...
5
5

KIDS CHECKERBOARD
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." Free craft projects for kids of all ages. Join the crafting fun at Craftown. This craft project...

DIY CHECKERBOARD
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."...

DUMMY'S GUIDE TO MAKING A CHECKERBOARD GAME TABLE
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Heads Up For SF Bay Area Woodworkers
Tool Land, in San Carlos, is going upscale in many of the lines they stock. In addition to all the Festool stuff, they're now carrying H.N.T. Gordon hand planes and higher end japanese chisels. I have...

Heads Up For Wood Phreaks - Book
Borders Bookstore has Romeyn Beck Hough's The Wood Book The Complete Plates on sale for $39.95 US. This 800 page, hard bound book has color plates of a transverse section, radial section and...
2
2