Subject Author Posted Replies

Work pricing book
When you take your car to the shop, they have a basic book on what the repair costs, which reflects how many hours it should take. So brakes are X amount pretty much anywhere you go, except when to...
24
24

Rules on pre-drilling sizes for screws
Sounds about like my technique - except sometimes I measure the screw's shank with a dial caliper, and grab the next smallest drill bit from the size I measured. I'm definitely not suggesting this...
56
56

How to sign a project
Wed, Oct 31, 2007, 1:26pm (EDT+4) (Thomas=A0G.=A0Marshall) doth query: What do you craftsmen do? Oh? So now we're supposed to be craftsmen? It ain't rocket science; basically, do it any way you want....
20
20

Need search help
I need to search the archives but have gotten a brain fart. How do I google search the archives? Thanks
2
2

BEER PONG TABLE
WTF is BEER PONG? enquiring minds wanna know.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
9
9

Biscuts versus glue joint bit opinion wanted
That conclusion, of course, depends on the wood and the glue as well as the quality of the joint itself. --
20
20

Hand planes for power tool users
I'd disagree. Certainly for a hand-working traditionalist, the place to start is a #5 jack. However many people are so deafened by their powered routers that they think "they don't need _any_ planes"....
15
15

UH is signing off news as of Dec 31,007
rec.woodworking has been a valuable resource to me over the years. Regretably the University of Hawaii administrators decided to end their support of the news service. I'll try find another way to get...
10
10

Maple
Pound of wood is a pound of wood when you're burning. So at the same moisture content you go with the heaviest. Sugar maple @ SG 0.66, red at 0.56 and silver at 0.50 should give you an idea....
11
11

Issue with keeping the fence stable on my JT360
Hello, I have a Delta JT360 jointer. Lately the fence will not stay stable for me. It moves (wiggles) in and out across the bed of the jointer. It doesn't move from 90, but the other way. I have...
2
2

Winter Sea
Winter Sea Incredible Red Sea Riviera! Dive's paradise with crystal water and fluo fish. Tourist's paradise with modern hotels and smailing beach. Description cannot explains this wonderful place....

Comparing spindle sanders Grizzly G1071 and Jet JOV-10
Can anyone tell me about the important differences between the two spindle sanders Grizzly G1071 ($600) and Jet JOV-10 ($1000)? I could care less about the finish, but more interested in quality,...
1
1

STAKABLE SHELVES - PDF
JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://www.minwax.com/projects/storage/pdfs/2002_Stackable_Shelves.pdf

Looking for a jig: 45deg mitre joints on a router
Anyone out there with links to plans to do this? advTHANKSance, Gerry
1
1

Scratch awl with 4" blade?
I put together houses in Mexico a couple of times a month for a charity (corazon). We frame the walls with 2x4's on the ground, frame where the windows are going to go, and then put OSB (like plywood)...
9
9