Subject Author Posted Replies

Frameless cabinets vs. face frames -- Is one truly better than the other?
I want to try and make a few cabinets for things in the garage before attempting to make some for my kitchen but I keep going back and forth trying to decide between face frames and frameless...
16
16

220 electrical outlets?
Depends on where and when you are. In a New England winter blowing all your heat out through the range hood isn't all that comfortable or cheap. On the other hand, in the summer after the house has...
22
22

I Want One
6
6

Firgelli Automations TV Lift
Hello, Does anyone have experience with Firgelli Automations Flat Screen TV lift? It seems to sell for about 1/3 of what other companies are asking - this begs the question: Is it junk? Thanks for any...

Oak beam worth?
An oak beam sort of fell into my hands. (Yes, it was heavy.) I thought about using it for my work bench top, but I think I'll sell it and buy wood for a different project. What's it worth? 12 feet...
8
8

gaps in seams between veneer ironed on
I made some rather thick veneer (3/32 to 1/8 thick) and wanted to try out the iron-on method of coating the base and veneer pieces with PVA, letting the coats dry then ironing them on. It took quite a...
6
6

PING J. Clarke Re: Your Triton Respirator homebrew battery pack
Hello, I'd like to get more info on your homebrew battery pack for the Triton powered respirator. I emailed to the address I thought was yours but did not get a response. ROY!

Rockwell-Invicta 6"x13" planer
Hello- I recently bought a Rockwell Invicta model 22650. It seems to be well built planer. I am looking for the manual for it. Thanks in advance, Brad
2
2

Shadowbox Design? - Uniform?
Looking for some design ideas for a military shadowbox - for my son... My father recently gave my son several items from his military service spanning various posts and tours: West Point (58), Iran,...
10
10

Ipe Decking questions (fasteners, uniformity, holes?)
Just received my (special) order of T&G 3/4" x 3-1/4" Ipe decking. 1. The boards seem to differ *considerably* in color from rich reddish/brown to a lighter yellowish/greenish color? Is this normal or...
8
8

Firewood ?
If a tree was cut down inMarch and I just cut the logs into firewood length pieces, would it be easier to split the wood now, or when it has seasoned a few months? It is pine, I know I wont use it...
7
7

Recommended finishes for (outdoor) oak threshhold?
Looking for recommendations for finishing and protecting an outside oak threshhold. I am looking for a light or clear finish that will last, require minimum maintenance, and hold up well against...
15
15

Shop shots
Well, after salivating over robatoy's shop pics, how about a group effort? Post your shop pic to abpw to show off where you work. No doubt we'll all get good ideas on layout, tools, etc.... from...
8
8

What's the difference between the many types of saws out there?
I'm a total noob when it comes to woodworking but just bought my first house and would like to put a workbench in my garage. I have nothing to work on now but would have worked out some plans to for a...
12
12

Gloat
I didn't get any cool new tools or a great deal on some lumber, but I did go to Fenway Park last Wednesday to see Game 1 of the World Series. Lee
2
2