Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Snowblower on a packed gravel drive
Will this destroy the snowblower over time? Thanks, S.
55
55

Rikon 14" bandsaw
After I heard about David's powermatic experience, I did a little research and found that his experience was not exactly an abomination. So now I'm looking at other saws. Does anybody have Rikon...
13
13

Large and cheap plywood near Coventry, RI
From Craigslist: have about 600 sheets of 5x12 plywood 5/8 thick Im selling it for $5.00 a sheet these are brand new not used if you figure the square footage it equals just as much as 2 4x8 sheets...
5
5

What is it? CCX
Just posted set number 210: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
7
7

please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me
English is a little trouble for me .so ,there are maybe some errors in my writting. so I hope someone who is kind help me check the syntax error (grammar mistakes)...
46
46

Bailey plane anyone?
Found on old tractor web site: $20 looks like a good deal As always, you need to join the lines and no affiliation with seller. Yesterday's Tractors - For Sale / Tractor Photo Ads Yesterday's Tractors...

INSPIRATION - Wood, Hauler
Which one of you nut jobs did this one? JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.blogiseverything.com/tag/vw
2
2

Heavy air freight for FREE!
Last year, I ordered a Performax 22/44 from Amazon with free shipping. It arrived in CT in 2 days, in perfect condition. The sander was AIR FREIGHTED from WMH in TN. Monday night, I ordered a...
5
5

FS: 4-1/2 Plane & Dovetail Saw
For Sale: Lee Valley Veritas 4-1/2 Smoothing Plane except for a few test cuts unused - like new Lists for $215 asking $175 Lie Nielsen Independence Dovetail Saw except for a few test cuts unused -...

Sharpeninh hollow chisel mortise chisels
After much waivering for months between a Domino and a "real" mortiser, I bit the bullet and bought a Powermatic 719T (not a benchtop) mortiser. My personal reasons for choosing the PM include: I like...
22
22

My try on cabinet restoration
Hi I came upon 2 old bedside cabinets, in rather poor state and decided to restore 1 of them. Before I start work on other one, I'd like to ask for a few advices. You can see originals and finished...
1
1

powermatic 14" bandsaw
Does anybody have this saw: 'd love to get feedback from somebody who knows. TIA, Jeff http://www.powermatic.com/Products.aspx?nav=ByPart&ClassID=332112&Part=1791216KI...
7
7

OT Help Request
A friend of mine says he can not reasonably obtain an adapter for his compression tester. He needs a 14mm or 18mm female on one end and a 12mm male on the other. He says he can use just an adapter or...
4
4

Table tops ruined - well, messed up
The end tables I made for SWMBO are Maple stained with H2O-based stain and covered with Varnish. I applied the Varnish thinned 2:1 with Mineral Spirits by wiping with a rag. I waited 24 hours between...
7
7

OT-tile backsplash sealing opinions
So next step in the Kitchen remodel is to tile a backsplash. Solid Surface countertop fabricated and installed. Went well, gap in the back to the wall is flush most places to a maximum of 1/16" in a...
6
6