Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - For Doug Miller - NFilter
Doug, I don't think the auto responder is working - or I'm screwing something up. I've sent several emails to the "corrected" email address using a valid return email address - and no replies. Emails...
10
10

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 164 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Should I glue the wooden handles onto my bench chisels?
Hi, I bought a couple of old chisels over the weekend with missing handles, They have a socket on the end where I can insert some new ones. I've made some wooden handles that fit nicely and they will...
9
9

Jet DC-1100 Problem
I've got a Jet DC-1100 that I've used for several years now. The unit has the pleated filter canister on top with a plastic bag to collect the dust below. The unit has worked fine until recently. I...
2
2

What's your favorite finish for cherry?
I've got a project out of cherry I have to finish and I want to possibly try something other than my usual Watco oil or brushed on Poly. What have others had good luck with when finishing cherry ?...
14
14

OT: Music list - revisited
I've been catching up and enjoyed reading what everyone has been listening to on their ipods. While my list would look much like those posted before here are a few I didn't see listed... Dave Alvin --...
23
23

Lacewood Finishing Ideas?
Anyone have experience finishing Lacewood? What looks good?
3
3

External Strucural wood adhesive
I need a very strong wood glue for external structural project. This is a number of vac-vac treated Glulam beans 270 x 90 and tanalized 150 x 150 posts. This will be made up of a number of posts...
3
3

Why all the SPAM?
Damn I belong to a few newgroups and this one is getting 100x's the spam others are getting. What gives??? Rich
15
15

Harbor Freight HVLP - first impressions
I picked up a Harbor Freight HVLP the other day. On sale for $69.99 plus I had a 15% off coupon, bottom line was about $60. Instructions are useless, but the identical unit from Rockler ($120) has...
13
13

New Tormek stuff
While at the Saratoga woodworking show, I learned that there are some new items from Tormek. I bought a DVD+Book combo called "Woodturner's Instruction Box." ($25) The book inside isn't anything more...
4
4

Oak staining help
Greetings All, I'm staining some QS red oak and need an idea how to minimize the darkening of the end grain. I know why it happens, I just don't know how to prevent it. Thanks as always, Mark
3
3

Laid Off and Executive Desk Design
As some of you know, about five years ago I gave up the cabinet shop and entered corporate life as project manager for a millwork company. Back in September I was recruited from my original position...
45
45

Paslode Impulse Problems
I just bought a used Paslode Impulse framing nailer. It did work when I received it last week. But, now when I try to use it does not fire. The fuel cell cycles, the fan runs when I squeeze the...
5
5

Worksharp 2000
I know it's been reviewed here before, but that was by someone who knows how to sharpen (charlieb i think it was). I don't. I've tried and tried, but the sad truth of it is I'm completely and...
8
8