Subject Author Posted Replies

used table saws
Is there any where that u can get good used table saws that havent been abused? I m new to woodworking and i am just setting up my shop but cant afford new machines. any help? William Swinehart World...
12
12

Found a Black Cherry tree, what to do with it?
I have this tree on my property that needs to come down as it doesn't appear to be too healthy and it is very big, so if branches start to fall a lot of damage will be done. Anyway, in having a tree...
2
2

Tormek Plane blade jig?
I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used the planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out...
5
5

Carter quick release
I have a 1940 Delta 14" which has been restored and works like a dream. Any comments on the Carter quick release addon? Using the saw a lot it seems like a good idea or is it one of those nice to...
3
3

OT Postings
How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking their fake junk? I access this group through Google. Thanks.
12
12

Old Import thickness planer knives
I have an old "Tool Shop" brand thickness planer. Does a good job, but the knives are getting worn bad and I'm at a stand still until they get sharpened. I was looking around hoping to find...
10
10

Hitachi Router
I recall some time ago before I purchased a router, hearing/reading about the Hitachi M12V plunge router as being a very good router. I did purchase the Hitachi KM12VC w/ fixed and plunge base, which...
4
4

A quick note on door locks
Anyone out there that needs door locks, Big Lots has KwickSet (I know, but if you don't like them, quit reading) for $10. They have their MAX series in this group as well as some of their other lines,...
3
3

semi OT: product review: Google SketchUp
This free program is worth every penny. seems to be working for me in my efforts to design a major remodel project. It is taking me considerable time to unlock the power and streamline my work. But...
4
4

board feet
People often have problems understanding what a "board foot" is. It's not a linear distance, despite the term "foot" in it. Yes, we all know its 144 cubic inches, that doesn't always help people...
14
14

Help looking for basswood in the UK
Hi, I have yet to ask my local timber yards, but I was wondering if anyone could advised me on where I can find a supplier for basswood as I would love to start giving wood carving a try. I've delved...
1
1

Cherry Stain Over Oak??
Hi, My wife bought an oak side table at a yard sale today. It is oak that has been stained what looks like maybe ash. She would like it to be finished cherry! Is there any way to do that or am I out...
7
7

Marble Machine
You gotta see this: the bottom of the page and watch the video. I'm going to see if I can make one this afternoon http://woodgears.ca/schulteiss/index.htmlGoto
5
5

Bandsaw quick release
I have a 1940 Delta 14" which has been restored and works like a dream. Any comments on the Carter quick release addon? Using the saw a lot it seems like a good idea or is it one of those nice to...
13
13

Free Brid House Plans Needed
The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some bird houses. It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things....
10
10