Subject Author Posted Replies

Forged Craigslist scam checks
I am holding in my hands a forged check that a Craigslist scammer mailed me. This guy has been spamming me incessantly about all sorts of stuff that I listed. He did not even remember that I always...
102
102

O/T: Finally
EPA declares greenhouse gases a health threat. This one will get the elephants in the room moving. Lew
30
30

O/T: Pirate Rifles
RE: Subject Heard on ABC news that the Navy Seals used "Gyro Stabalized" rifles to take out the pirates. Having taken a few shots from a pitching boat, makes sense. Somebody said: Makes sense. Anybody...
81
81

OT: bone knitting
Did you all see the article about the amino acid (IIRC), that has been known to aid in bone knitting since the 1930s? It couldn't be patented, so no drug company would pay for the clinical tests...
15
15

PTL - how long before I can finish it?
Just finished building a swingset out of PTL and plan on finishing it. This is the 'new' PTL from Home Depot that isn't green it is treated with CA- Copper Azole. Has a slight green tint to it which...
5
5

Good source for Wenge or alternative accent wood
Looks like my cheaper ebony alternative is no longer a nice affordable alternative, going for $18 to $21 a board foot. So far I do not know of yet another dark accent alternative... Walnut does not...
11
11

Loose tenon joinery
I've done a lot of "regular" mortise & tenon joints, but am moved to try loose tenons for my next project (a dining room table). Are there any situations where loose tenon joinery is NOT recommended?...
36
36

Box joint table saw jig
The gear mechanism is amazing on this shop-made tablesaw jig. Check out this video: Jig fanatic makes sophisticated rig for cutting box joints
47
47

For your consideration
In my never-ending quest for functional redundancy, I've made this air cleaner/sanding table/materials cart. It uses the spent filters from my home furnace/AC, my old sanding table with the bottom...
2
2

OT: Sometimes I run into cool stuff.
If you jump out of a plane at 30,000 ft without a chute ... this is what you'll experience: last few feet come really fast... Television's destination for premium entertainment and storytelling, with...
9
9

The hund for a replacement drilll press, sorta long
I have a 30 year old Rockwell 36" bench top radial drill press. I have had it for 30 years. I do not use it as much as I did in the past although I did recently design, build, and post pictures of a...
72
72

What is it? Set 280
There is just one unidentified item in this week's set: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

Old Rockwell miter saw
I have an OLD Rockwell miter saw Model 34-C10 or 34-010 that has a positive drive (toothed) belt. Ser# K1****. Anybody have an idea where that belt might be found. I believe the part # to be 49-083....
3
3

If this guy is a woodworker, he is very dedicated.
try this one I wonder how to do that with Cocoblo? Marc http://www.mosnews.com/weird/2009/04/13/firtree/or http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090415/twl-tree-found-growing-in-man-s-lung-41f21e0.htmlHmmm.
8
8

Rockwell tools
Greetings All, I was wondering about the quality of Rockwell tools. As most of us have seen, the Rockwell name has been around for a long time. I have never bought a Rockwell tool till now (just...
17
17