Subject Author Posted Replies

Sorta OT-ish Air Compressors as seen ...
Air compressor as seen by my cohorts at Some are kinda funny. Photoshop this air compressor

another rotary phase converter question
Hey All, This is just out of curiousity as I have no 3 phase machines to run. Does it matter if the speeds of the two motors - converter and tool - are different? Would you be able to use a 1725 RPM...
2
2

Ikea hidden passageway
Ikea is making a bookcase that doubles as a secret door. Or maybe you use their bookcases to construct the hidden passage. Anyway: the secret room is smaller than the entrance room. For that reason,...
4
4

O/T: Ode To The Fart
To complement jo4hn's post. Enjoy Lew ======================================== A fart is a pleasant thing, It gives the belly ease, It warms the bed in winter, And suffocates the fleas. A fart can be...
12
12

Maybe OT - cutting granite
Got a nice piece of granite (1 3/4") to use as my bas for sandpaper sharpening system, but I need to square it up. How do I cut granite? Is it time to find a counter top guy who has a diamond blade or...
16
16

OT: World's Shortest Fairy Tale
Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!!!!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank...
2
2

running a 5 hp motor on a "3 hp max single motor" ROTARY CONVERTER
have a saw (unisaw, actually) I need to run. need to rip some 2x4's, to a few various widths) if I put a BRAND new blade on the saw, 24 tooth, what do you suppose would happen if I try to start the...
19
19

Need Art Deco Inspiration? Check THIS site out
Posted over at Wood Central, thought some here might find this site inspiring. b http://www.pollaro.com/sitemap.phpcharlie
2
2

Okay to mix Transtint liquid dye with oil-based poly?
I've used it in linseed oil with no problems. In fact I was using a recipe by jeff Jewett himself...
4
4

RE: Roll Top Desk
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:6pB3m.2277$9l4.1007 The monitor is the biggest issue with a roll top. They tend to sit higher than the roll top rolls, so with a monitor on the desk, it won't close. If you...
33
33

O/T: Ho Hum
Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had made it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls him on it. That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have...
83
83

Happy camper
I finally had reason to try out my n3ew (to me)Delta thickness planer as I needed to bring a 3/4 inch board down to 5/8. Sweet!!! Now I have another reason to get a decent dust collection system....
1
1

OT - CNN Breaking News
That's really sick, Ron.. I love it.. I pasted it into Facebook, to see if I could be the local shit-disturber this morning.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
6
6

Wenge and yellow interior
I have worked with Wenge many times before, with some yellow inside that does turn brown pretty quickly.. I have some 8/4 now that has a lot of yellow inside... I feel confident that it will turn...
1
1

Full Woodworking shop tools for sale (predominantly Delta)
Yeah, I just heard that CS has canceled its 4th of July fireworks show, laid off 200 city workers, only like 3 people left in the public works department and all they do is fill pot-holes. It's not as...
5
5