another rotary phase converter question

Hey All, This is just out of curiousity as I have no 3 phase machines to run. Does it matter if the speeds of the two motors - converter and tool - are different? Would you be able to use a 1725 RPM converter to power a 3450 tool or run the opposite combination? I know phases and RPMs are two different parameters but I wonder if there are some specifics to match the speeds as well as the HP rating for optimal use. Thanks in advance for arresting my curiousity. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Marc

Makes no difference what RPM the MG-set's motor runs at. It is the amount of poles on the generator part that make up the 60 Hz you're looking for.

Reply to
Robatoy

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Marc

Hey Rob, Thanks for the reply- that's what I thought it was. =20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen