Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardwood Veneer MDF "Plywood"
Does anyone have experience with hardwood veneer MDF? I am building a fireplace surround using pocket hole techniques similar to Gary Katz's article. used Mahogany Veneer MDF for the panels but didn't...
7
7

Excalibur fence
Hi, I used to have a King Table saw with a Excalibur fence that I really loved. Now I have a much better General cabinet TS, with it's own General T-Fence... that I don't like... I, by far, prefer the...
6
6

Steam bending redwood
Does anyone have any experience with steam bending redwood?? I have been asked to make an arch 9" wide with about a 3' radius, 3/4" thick. The wood has not been kiln dried so that will help. It has...
4
4

Interesting question
Very Interesting questions. More questions, and this time some_good_ questions. While some have little interest in getting in the middle of the Obama birth issue, Paul Hollrah over at FSM did so...
47
47

Better way to cut a mortise in a post?
I am building an out door shower out of Meranti and cedar posts. I'm putting tongue and groove boards between 2 pieces of 3/4 x 3/4 slotted stock that has about 2" on each end left to stick into a...
9
9

Tablesaw question
I tried to post this question yesterday, and have not seen it posted, so I'm going to ask again, sorry if it posts twice, I'm going to buy my first real tablesaw (floor model as I have been using a...
5
5

O/T: Veg-O-Matic Lives
Remember the guy hawking the Veg-O-Matic at the county fair. You slice it, you dice it, etc. Well, these days we have Vince and his SlapChop. No mention of German craftsmanship this time. The more...
1
1

Woodworking suggestions for New England trip
I'm planning a trip to New England to go leaf peeping. I plan on hitting a few of the Shaker villages and who could go to Maine without stopping at Lie Nielson... Anyone got suggestions on other good...
31
31

tablesaws
I am going to get my first "real" table saw, not the bench top type but floor model, now here is the question, left or right tilt, what are the pro's and con's of each?? Cheers, Thomas Cleveland
11
11

Stair Spindle Thickness
Hi Gents. I want to replace my stair spindles and handrail some time soon. The existing spindles are moulded pine...nothing out of the ordinary. The spindles are 32m thick square at their widest and...
5
5

Marking Guage Poll
I am conducting a poll (very scientific poll) on marking guages. Pin, knife or wheel style. Please vote (ounce). Results to follow. http://garagewoodworks.com/gw_blog/
33
33

OT: seen on FreeCycle earlier today
Title : OFFER: marble slab From : a******n Date : 17:29, 12 Jul 2009 Location : Castleton, NE Indy Description : We have a 77in X 40.5in X 1in solid white/gray marble slab. This was lying outside when...
7
7

Joint-Matic history?
I've become the proud owner of a Strong Tool Design Joint-Matic. At least I'm proud so far. It looks like it's in great shape. Came with the manual, the bevel miter, and an OLD Stanley router...
1
1

Porter Cable Alert
7 years with my 14.4 Hammer Drill/Driver using it everyday it was finally stolen. I say that like I was due to part with it for some reason. Anyway owning many PC tools mostly routers I figured I'd...
19
19

Bisquit Jointer vs Dowel Pro Jig
Here is Rockler's Dowel Pro Jig - their Porter-Cable Bisquit Jointer- much better (and faster) is using bisquits, for keeping boards aligned, than is using dowels? I don't have a bisquit jointer, but...
77
77