Subject Author Posted Replies

What do want for X-Mas ?
hid a big box next door. Ten more days. I been dropping nints about a twelve inch planner for six years. Did she finally get the hint ? I gotta go do some house work !!!!! Jerry
5
5

OT: Break from House Finishing.
We moved into the new place, unfinished, in March. Been working on trim and cabinetry on a 6-7 day/week basis much of the time since then. I think I have been suffering from a bit of burn-out recently...
3
3

Re: Jet Dust Collector Remotes
I wonder who here may have more than one remote control dust collector from Jet. I would have to guess that they all use the same IR remote however a call to Jet would answer the question with more...
4
4

Bedroom Bed Post Caps
I spent the after noon making these caps, the bottom rounded piece is cherry and the upper pyramid shaped piece is red oak. None are finished or attached to each other yet. To point the top oak pieces...
17
17

OT: definition of chutzpah:
I thought of it as the child who murders his parents, then begs for the mercy of the court because he's an orphan.
10
10

Cool (old) tool
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boring-Machine-Barn-Beam-Post-Hand-Drill-Auger-Wood-a_W0QQitemZ190356592648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c52231808
4
4

OT: Pressure Washer Recommendation
I am in need of a good gas powered pressure washer, 2400 PSI or bigger. Anyone have any suggestions? There seems to be a lot of different models out there to choose from. Anyone know if an Axial Cam...
10
10

Loose tenon
Any tips on how to repair a tenon that stood a little too close to the router bit, resulting in a loose fit in the mortise? I'm thinking about gluing a thin strip to each side of the tenon and taking...
34
34

Which American Oak trees to buy ?
I have the possibility of buying cheap young American Oak trees to fell...or more expensive older ones what are the pros and cons of each....what is the better value ? they are intended for the fire
10
10

board thickness in quarters
If I have a 2x4 and measure it out, it's actually only 1.5 thick. When I translate that to quarters it's 6/4 - Or is it ? If I have a piece of lumber that measures a full 2" thick, that translates as...
13
13

OT: Heeeeeeeeerrre's Mary Ann!!!
For all you -zoids out there who can still recall generating a bit of moisture from watching MaryAnn (Gilligan's Island for you non-zoids), here she is today. enjoy, jo4hn
38
38

On the level
It appears that installing just about anything on a wall requiring more than 1 screw or nail calls for a level. I did a project just the other day without one, which I ended up doing twice. So,...
61
61

Board Foot Calculator Spreadsheet
Hey Gang, I made a board feet calculator/spreadsheet. I included the lumber prices for =93The Hardwood Store=94 (where I go in NC). You select your lumber and thickness from a drop-down list and input...
8
8

replacement handle
Most of the gel inserts will be of some help. Each case is a little different. charlie wrote:
33
33

The Tower bedroom progress
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:05:07 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following: Ditto my HF tools, Ryobi drill and portable tablesaur. Ditto my real tools, like the Bosch Impactor, the ancient...
32
32