5 Besseys for $78

Just called Amazon. They are not honoring the use of both promotions on the same items. You can order the two clamps and get 1 free, and use the SAVON for another purchase.

Reply to
DanK

Just called Amazon. They are not honoring the use of both promotions on the same items. You can order the two clamps and get 1 free, and use the SAVON for another purchase.

Reply to
DanK

Yeah, I called them also and was told that. But... when I actually did it, it went through just fine.

Reply to
Toller

If I was an investment advisor, I would recommend short-selling Amazon.com. I just got notice that eight of the 10 items I ordered just shipped today, in EIGHT different UPS shipments. I heard earlier this month that sales and profits were down significantly. I know I've cut back on purchases since it seems their prices went up and free shipping and promotions declined. Then they do stupid things such as give $100 off on a $220 nailer/compressor combo. Like I said, sell short 'cause they is going down' IMHO. Disclaimer: Consult you investment advisor.

Gary in Virginia

Reply to
gary in virginia

Haven't seen any other confirmations as yet so I thought I'd confirm that Amazon is indeed sending the clamps in all separate packages. I got my five clamps today from UPS in five separate packages. Two were efficiently sent in a sort of flat carton wrapped around the clamp. The other three were sent in way oversized boxes. I now have a lifetime supply of air bags. Either somebody lost money on this promotion or most tool suppliers / manufacturers are making a fortune on retail sales of Bessey clamps.

Reply to
PCProffitt

Yup, me too. Ordered 5 besseys in this deal, and got 5 different UPS tracking numbers!! Three are schedule to arrive tomorrow - but in 3 different boxes.

Reply to
TheNewGuy

Yea, I got a notice for 4 out of 5 all individually via FedEx ground.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

That's funny, I experienced just the opposite.

I had a case of "buyer's remorse" after buying five of the Bessey's over the weekend. Actually, I wanted to buy another five

I went back and tried to replicate my original order on, I think, Monday evening. I could get the $30 SAVONI25 discount but it would not let me take another BESSEY deal no matter what I did.

Oh well, my clamps have all arrived in five SEPARATE packages. I don't know what they were thinking but the sent the first 31" in a box big enough to ship a "Job Box" in Must have had forty "air pillows" in it for cushioning. Then, today, UPS came with the other four clamps, all packaged individually in that corrugated cardboard that just folds over on itself and self glues. Very strange shipping policy that Amazon has.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I guess I'll be filling up my recyle bin to capacity tomorrow when my 5 clamps arrive.

Dave

Reply to
David

I don't know.... Is it possible Amazon has their own special deal with the carriers such as a negotiated fixed monthly rate? Every company I've worked for has had at least one "800 pound gorilla" customer (Deere & Co., Microsoft, Veterans Administration) that could get just about whatever they wanted. Amazon would certainly fall into that category as a customer of UPS or FedEx.

Reply to
Keith Carlson

Which means that customers of other companies pay for the nonsense.

Reply to
Swingman

Freight trucks are RARELY full, it's called incremental business. No real costs involved, but can add substantially to the bottom line.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

But "packages" usually are, which is the subject of the conversation.

Then again, and this being a culture where appearance counts, and with roughly 144 cubic inches of 24" clamp per 4 cubic foot package, they're certainly coming closer to filling up those trucks.

Reply to
Swingman

Look at some of the Priceline deals on hotel and airline offerings.

I've flown 1300 miles for $50, and stayed in $150/night hotel rooms for $45, because I could do it last minute. The airplane was already going, and the hotel has a relatively small incremental cost of cleaning the room. Both businesses made something from my last minute business.

Back in the day, long distance calling was even sold this way. Large blocks were sold to universities and businesses at odd hours, in a use it or lose it deal, because the network was sitting there unused. The universities phone companies would offer cheap time "sales" to their residential students, the corporations would move large blocks of less-time sensitive data.

Reply to
Ba r r y