Subject Author Posted Replies

Great Sketchup Project
I was doing some research for Sketchup components and came across this project. This guy is good. He details the entire project here. Enjoy.
1
1

Sketchup Problem
I got volunteered to help somebody learn Sketchup. Which will be quite interesting since I have spent all of 30 minutes with the program. What is being done is quite simple. Antique radios, etc....
8
8

Powdered Pumice, rottenstone & Plumber's Rouge?
A question for olhzimers...please try very hard to remember those good ol' days of great books and hand finishes (careful now!). 30+ years ago, I used pumice slurry and a polishing compound commonly...
52
52

OT Amazon Deal of the Day
5
5

Relatively new PC stuff
Is it me or has Porter Cable shifted in to the mode of offering tools that are exceedingly large? Their relatively new DT jig is enormous, requires about 4' of work bench to set up and use and is...
6
6

OT: Sometimes things strike me as funny..Part453
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
5
5

unsurprisingly
none of the 24 hour stores here carry sandpaper.
18
18

Woodworking Show in Saratoga Springs NY
My club's annual show, Woodworkers Showcase, is coming up the last weekend of March, 2011. It's an all volunteer run organization, not a commercial show. This marks our 20th year and with renovations...
3
3

Messy shop
RE: Subject Living in a temperate climate offers many advantages. Put all you mjor power tools on wheels (T/S, Jointer, Planer, Router Table, etc) Push tools out on driveway to use. A push broom, a...
36
36

knots
Having looked at a lot of stuff over the years I've kind of decided that if I'm going to use wood with knots that they need to be whole knots, i.e., no partial knots on the edge of boards or partial...
12
12

Finally...Fine Woodworking
So I just obtained the entire collection of Fine Woodworking Magazines, having kept my eyes open for the past few years. I had thought of getting the digital collection, but there's something about...
23
23

OT: A letter to the Men's Helpline
A letter to the Men's Helpline: Hi Bob, I really need your advice on a serious problem: I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and...

Plan Request
I have intermediate skills and equipment, and would like to make a jewelry armoire for my beloved wife. The standard Google fare doesn't do it for me. Could someone provide a link or share a plan...
11
11

Drawer slide alternatives?
I asked a follow-up in the (very deep) Domino drawer thread but nobody answered so I'll try a new one and see if that was 'cuz nobody had any better ideas or just got overlooked there. Am refacing...
15
15

Not OT - Ultimate Woodworking
We live in SE Kansas about 200 miles from the geographical center of the US. The closest coastal area is the gulf coast about 900 miles to the south. This company is steadily becoming the largest...
10
10