3D Furniture Design Software

Hi,

I've been using AutoCad to help design furniture, but it leaves a lot to be desired. ProLignum 3D looks like just the ticket, but the price of the ticket is $9,000. What else is out there? Is there anything cheaper that outputs parts lists (that's the main feature I want). Are there any AutoCad extensions that do that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Kelly

Check out

The software is geared toward cabinet makers, but, supposedly you can design other types of furniture also.

I'm currently using it for a kitchen cabinet project and so far - so good.

It generates cut & buy lists for you as well as displaying your work in 3D.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Angel

3dstudio max, ~~$3000.00 US, and you can make it dance, and then send you friends the mpg.
Reply to
Charles

Does 3D Studio Max do any or all of this?

Output a parts list - a list of all individual objects with their dimensions.

If you modify a component, all linked components are made aware of the changes and adapt in a fully parametric fashion. For example, if a divider is shifted in an existing bookshelf, the logical links automatically change the dimensions and position of the shelves and other pieces associated with the divider.

Query a model for components based on any criteria. For example, you can find all walls with a thickness of 1/2" or all maple doors or all oak veneers.

Produce automatic module information with the structure objects e.g. cabinets, doors or drawers. It is also possible to combine individual components into modules. Therefore, whole modules or individual components e.g. edges, veneer, lacquer, material, etc. can be outputted with the drawing.

Parts labeling feature will give you an exploded & labeled drawing with one simple command.

Create complex parts/modules parametrically. For example, a 'create frame-and-panel door' command, which lets me input the overall dimensions and the rail and stile widths. For the parts list it then spits out dimensions for 'Door1 Rails', 'Door1 Stiles' and 'Door1 Panel'.

Cheers,

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Kelly