Landscape software for garden design?

Anyone recommend some software for me to visualise what my garden could like with different options of decking, slabbing and some walls.
Many thanks
Steven Campbell wrote:

IIRC there's something on the BBC Gardening site, but it's pretty basic. Google Sketchup is good, but a bit of a learning curve
Steven Campbell wrote:

Its called 'Imagination' and comes with the 'wetware' ROMs ;-)

Unfortunately I can't get those ROMs connected to a printer so others in the house can visualise what I can. Thought broadcasting and insertion isn't quite my thing. Thankfully ;o)
Steven.
Steven Campbell wrote:

Pencil and paper? water colors?

And back to the beginning again requesting landscape software as I can't draw to save myself.
Steven Campbell wrote:

The RHS have some garden design software, but I think it's for plants instead of hard landscaping
Owain
Steven Campbell wrote:

I've been considering something like that, myself. I haven't bought any yet, but just this morning, I read a review of one that sounded interesting - Better Homes and Gardens Landscaping and Deck Designer, V.7.0. It's available from Amazon. Quoting from the review, "The software includes a vast array of outdoor design tools, including a selection of more than 1500 plants, hundreds of options for furniture, swimming pools and lighting, complete perennial beds created by the magazine, sprinkler designs, custom pathways and project cost estimating. Perhaps the most useful feature of the program is that the design is visible in three dimensions." There was a sample printout, showing fencing, paths, and stone-edged planting areas.
The reviewer also briefly mentioned a free download called "Sketchup", calling it "fairly intuitive and is for people who know plants but want a chance to design their own landscape using 3D models". Available at <sketchup.com>.
Another program, nearly twice the price of the BH&G one, is "Horticopia" - info at <horticopia.com>.
I haven't yet tried any of these - if you do, please post on your results.
S Viemeister wrote:

The customer reviews aren't too good

The problem with Sketchup might be the availability of 3d models for specific plants if you want to get that detailed. You could probably get a better end result but it would involve more work than the dedicated garden software

Sketchup free, don`t think has the `sandbox` feature of the full money version that is specifically aimed at landscaping.
Plant and tree models are fairly plentiful, apart from 3d Warehouse a lot have been posted to the Sketchup Pro forums.
Adam